Royal Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
The Kamloops Daily News readers recently voted for Royal Tokyo as the best sushi restaurant in the city. With this in mind, and knowing that the readers are usually bang on with their choice, I decided to give them a try. Their lunch all you can eat (AYCE) offering will cost you $14.99 (kids 5 and under eat four free). Their dinner AYCE ranges from $19.99 to $24.99, our server explained to me that there are two menu choices for dinner that you are welcome to eat all you can. I have the menu photos on a separate post as well as more mouth watering photos for you to savour.
- Service was very fast and accompanied with friendly and gracious service.
- The food looked and tasted fresh and I appreciated the presentation effort. Food that looks good usually tastes better, don’t you agree?
- Kid friendly pricing structure. A great place to take your kids to try some Sushi and Sashimi, without breaking the bank.
- Because this is yet another Korean owned Sushi joint, you can expect to see some Korean influenced dishes. As a Korean food lover, this is all good in my books. .
- Portion size is on the smaller side but folks, since this is an AYCE, just order more to compensate for the smaller portions. Just don’t waste as their will be a charge for wastage.
- Even though service was fast, they forgot to bring a few items that I had ordered. But no big deal, I just ordered them again (that’s if you notice that you are missing items).
- I would like more Korean food items on the menu.
If you have not noticed already, there’s more and more sushi restaurants opening up in Kamloops. So competition in this sector is fierce and the only way to stay ahead of your competition is to serve up fresh ingredients at a fair price and combine that with good customer service. Just don’t let it slip as another restaurant will scoop up your business. As a result of this visit, Royal Tokyo will be my destination of choice for sushi in downtown Kamloops.